Thursday 15 March 2012

FILMING DAY 2

We set off in the minibus to the first location, an overgrown field with dried out sunflowers. Whilst on the coach I went through the checklist to triple check we had everything. Then I went through what was happening on this particular location, again. This was just so i knew everybody was aware of their positions and timings.

THE FIELD

The girls waited patiently inside the minibus while I shot the lead. I then texted them when we needed to shoot them so they didn't freeze in the cold. Everybody stuck to the shooting script to keep it all in order.






 

We all stuck in to put the pieces of track together as we were on a tight schedule. We then laid them down in the left half of the tunnel in order for me to track the girls walking on the right side. The track provide smooth and fluid movement for filming motion and worked well on set.











This is me filming the opening section when the girls walk through the tunnel. I filmed it repeatedly with a range of shot sizes and some static some tracking shots. 
 


BOY'S SECTION

We took a short break here while Alice and I prepare the 'boys' for the next section. From her Fine Arts Degree she is currently going through she has taught herself SFX make-up and how to apply facial hair. She uses snipped up hair that she buys from Ebay and face glue. She first covered the area of the face with the glue and uses a blusher brush to dab the hairs in the area wanted. Slowly the layers are built up. The hair matches to the shade of your skin. She then thickens the eyebrows and uses an assortment of tool to add manly features to the face. I scrapes the girls hair back into a flat bun and covered with a beanie hat to hide the long hair. They got changed into their outfits and I added SFX tattoo sleeves to the girls to make them appear more male. Then carried on filming.






























 Here I film from behind to add an interesting view for the audience when edited together. This makes it more interesting than standard facing shots and also the tracking effect adds the violence to the scene.




ARMY SECTION

Then we had yet another costume change into the army uniforms we practised in college earlier this morning. We used brown and black eye shadows to add war paint to the girls. I tied up Emma's hair to make her suit the outfit more as she had extreme backcombed hair in the previous shots. She appeared to look like a pilot from the army. We went thought the shooting script to remind the girls of what they were doing and we had a few rehearsals on set.


















Filming on tripod, me directing the girls into their positions so I could frame it.






Sketches and Planning







No comments:

Post a Comment